Here is Jake at Pack Meeting. Dad is holding Jake upside-down as is the tradition when the cubs move up in rank. Bro. Sheppard is putting on his new neckerchief and I'm putting the clip thing (what is that called???) on upside-down. When Jake does a "good turn", he can turn his neckerchief holder thing-a-ma-bob right-side up! Jake loves scouting and he has exceptional leaders who make it so fun to be a scout. Congrats Jake!!
The scout then gets to pick a favorite cheer that everyone does for them. Jake chose the Pole Vault cheer.

This is Mom's favorite part of the night! The scout leader usually tells the boy to give their mom a hug whereupon the rest of the cub scouts immediately begin chanting "kiss, kiss, kiss". Ahh the joys of positive peer pressure. In all fairness, Jer should really be getting the hug as he is the driving force behind 99.9% of the accomplishments of this scout. But when it comes to free hugs, who's counting? 
Future Cub Scout!





2 comments:
Congrats from the Wolf Den, Jake. I will miss you!
Good job, Jake!! Wish I was going to be here to be your bear leader. I will miss spending time with all these great boys in our cub scout program.
Post a Comment