This weekend, we went to Kartchner Caverns with some of our friends. After Jeromy and Wyatt whooped Bobbi and I in a game of Pinochle, the Whites and the Sheppards arrived and we all went out to dinner. We ate at R&R Pizza and it was actually pretty good food. With stomachs full, we headed back to the hotel and the adults played Pop 5 while the kids partied in the room across the hall. The guys once again beat the girls, but it was all worth it because we got to see Dave do the River Dance (perfectly, by the way), and Greg "Dirty Dance" (which closely resembled the Deacon 2-step). Jeromy and Wyatt pulled off some pretty amazing and last minute guesses which ended our chances for victory, but it was good all the same. The girls did have a few moments of glory though, especially with Lynette and Nichole pulling off "Grey Poupon" and Bobbi's Tai Bo. I am still lamenting the fact that I didn't know what a Trapper Keeper was- arghhh!!! I'm sure I cost us the game with that one. I know, I must let it go.
We stayed up kind of late and were in denial when Luke decided to wake up at 4:00 a.m. He wouldn't go back to sleep, so we finally gave in, got some breakfast and went swimming. Then it was off to the caves. They were amazing. It was neat to be inside that mountain and see all of the beautiful formations. It really made me think of the Creation and the awesome undertaking that must have been. Being there reminded me of the many wonders that are all around us and yet I seem to overlook so many of them on a day to day basis. It really is a blessing to live in such a beautiful world and to have friends to enjoy it with!







5 comments:
Okay, so it was your fault that no one was around to help us move!! I see how it is. Looks like you guys had fun.
I miss you! I hope your summer is going good - it feels like forever since I've seen you. The caverns looks like it was a super fun time! I love the whole separate kids table you guys had to get at the restaurant!! I'm definitely curious about this game you played.
Why do the guys always win when it is guys against girls? Pop 5 is a fun game. I can't believe you didn't know what a trapper keeper is. Looks like you all had a great time.
Sounds like you all had a blast!!! lol Isn't Kartchner Caverns beautiful!!
What a cute blog! This trip was really fun! I'm so glad that you asked us to come along. My kids are already asking when we can go back next year.
Post a Comment