So, it turns out that little encounter Breanna had with the tree was more than just a bruiser. After the miracle "Slurpee" cure, Breanna watched a movie, relaxed on the couch and said her arm was sore. We gave sympathy, lots of love, then hauled her off to a BBQ at a friend's house. Breanna played dress-up, chased the boys around the backyard and was pretty much her usual self. She was favoring her sore arm though. Maybe a sprain, we thought. That night I decided to give her some Tylenol (how thoughtful of me!). I sent her to school the next day with a note for her teacher to excuse Bree from any strenuous activities. Her teacher e-mailed me later and told me Breanna didn't complain about her arm the whole day. As Jer and I chatted during the day though, we decided we should probably take her in just to make sure. Ends up she broke the tip of her Ulna, on the inside of the wrist. Right arm, naturally. We couldn't get into the orthopedic surgeon until Wed morning, but thankfully he said the break wasn't on the growth plate and in 6 short weeks, she'll have her arm back, good as new. You should have seen the ear to ear grin on her face when they put the pink cast on. Better than Disneyland. I took this picture before sending her off to school and the cast is now practically purple with all the autographs she got on it.
Whatever you do, don't mess with Bree....she's one tough cookie!
7 comments:
So sorry!! She doesn't look too upset about it though! And pink is definitely her color! Personally, I'm kind of tired of seeing our orthopedic surgeon! Best of luck!
I'm so sorry!!! It does makes me feel better to see her smiling:) - the girls want to sign her cast. Hopefully yall will still be up for more riding in the future!
Sarah
She looks so proud of her pink cast!! At least you took her to the doctor, when Brittany broke her wrist we didn't know about it until a year later when she hurt it and we took her to the emergency room. The doctor said, Looks like she refractured an old break! What old break???? Anyhow, glad she is doing okay.
Oh wow! I can't believe what a tough girl she is! Well, I can, I guess, because I know Bree and I know how my own boys can be sometimes. Crazy! I saw the news first on Sarah's blog - hope this won't slow you guys down on any future rides! :)
Good thing you decided to take her to the doctor. She looks like she is handling it well.
I's so sorry. We miss you! Stay strong Bree!
That sucks... but Bree looks really cute and tough in her pink cast!
Post a Comment