Thursday, January 1, 2009

Pre-Christmas Fun

This year we started the holidays off with Christmas Caroling with our friends. It was actually a ward activity (we have an awesome activities chairperson in our ward) and it turned out to be really fun. The next highlight of the season was a visit from Troy, Tiffany, Makayla, and Grandma and Grandpa. I was pretty impressed when Grandpa hoisted Jake up on his shoulders. Then he proceeded to tickle his feet. Jake was laughing and squirming so much, I thought Grandpa would break something trying to keep Jake up there.
The guys went to a BYU basketball game while us girls stayed home and finished this 550 piece puzzle. It only took us all day. It was kind of a headache and addicting all in one!

We took the kids outside (Luke's favorite place) for a little swing-time. It was chilly!!

Luke was stuck like glue to Grandma. He was pretty bent about having to share her with Makayla, but they ended up getting along just fine!

We went on a little outing to nearby Indian Ruins. Pretty interesting place. The kids loved being outside!

Tree climbing is always a part of any hike that we take. Especially with Uncle Troy...Giddy-up!

Tiffany, Makayla, Grandma and Troy overlooking the well.

Breanna and Troy sneak a peek at the ancient ruin.

Back at home, making gingerbread (okay, graham cracker) houses with Grandma! Even though they had to leave before Christmas, we were so glad they got to come!

3 comments:

Our Family said...

I love looking at your blog, it's ADORABLE!!! I love that you guys go on hikes, that inspires me to get our family to do that, it looks like so much fun!! Happy New Year Smith Family!!

Alayne said...

Oooooh, I'm so jealous! That looks like so much fun; I wish we were there!!!

nikki said...

Thanks for the shout-out! What a great pic! So much fun family time you got to have. Where are the Indian Ruins you went to?