Monday, August 8, 2011

5th and 7th Started Today

 7th Grade.
6 Classes.
Starts the day off with Latin and his favorite teacher.
And ms.-you-know-who is in his class yet again. 
They call him 'Mop' (short for Thermopoli, you can look it up).
And he's gonna have an amazing year.
 5th Grade. 
She has her favorite teacher.
Her favorite friends are in her class.
And she is in love with the Art Teacher's Russian accent.
I think this is going to be her year.
 Curbside.  You know she is way too old for all those mushy classroom goodbyes.
 Definitely curbside.  7th graders won't even mess with taking the chance of being seen with their mom following them around with a camera. 
 I mean it!
(I like how the other mom digs this scene).
 Good thing I still have this one. We went to the library this afternoon and let me tell you, no need for curbside with this guy. This kid will even still hold my hand.  And camera?
Bring it.
This kids both came home smiling from ear to ear.  They had a great day.  And to celebrate, we broke tradition this year from the school bus cake and did school bus cookies instead.  Yummmm!
Here's to a Fabulous Year!!

4 comments:

Elder Tyler Mumford said...

I thought about you and your kids yesterday. I was hoping they had a great first day! They look so happy. I hope my kids look that happy when they start school next week!

Sarah said...

Jake is cracking me up not liking the camera :). I don't think Georgia could have been happier having Bree in her class this year. She and Macie had a great first day too. I also heard all about the Russian art teacher, I'm glad they have a little amusment during the day. And I can't believe I missed you at the library yesterday :( Ava and I were there returning some books.

Ashley Smith said...

Holy cow, 7th and 5th grade!! They are so old and so cute! Love the picture of Jake warning you. Hilarious!

JaMie HeApS said...

look at you too genuises little do you teachers know they just scored teh jackpot gettin a smith child in there class!! you both look dashing for the first day and i think your onto something with those fancy cookies:)