Sunday, October 12, 2008

Change

For me, that word always brings one of two things: excitement or dread. This week our family has experienced a few changes. The first we welcomed with complete excitement. Here's a play-by-play:



Saying goodbye to Breanna's pretty yet stinky cast was a fabulous change. (Doesn't her smile say it all?) We hope to never see Dr. McCullah's office again!!

The next change was this:

I know it sounds pathetic, but I have been dreading this day. Nursery day. 18 months. I seriously wish he could stay a baby forever. Not happening. Helloooo toddler!
As my friend so gently put it, I was one of those moms. Following him all over the nursery, snapping pictures of his first day. Luke wouldn't give me the time of day. Too many toys. Too much fun to be had. He ignored me as I sat there trying to coax a smile out of him. I got the feeling I was cramping his style. The other parents in there seemed to silently question my sanity.

So today I'll close the baby chapter of Luke's life (sniff, sniff). But I can't wait for the many years of "little boyhood" that await us!

11 comments:

nikki said...

Okay - how cute is it that you took pictures of Luke on his first day of nursery! I wish I would have thought of that! I'm sorry I was the friend that told you you were one of those moms. :) But I do get where you are coming from - it is sad to say good-bye to babyhood. But just think of all the spiritual nourishment that's coming your way now that you're alone in class... :)

Bree's arm looks awesome - so glad she's free!!

P.S. In case you were wondering, per our conversation at the park, I don't like change either!! :)

jewly said...

Yeah no more cast! Yeah for nursery! Two wonderful things to be happy about.

kaleyq said...

When Millie's cast came off last year, the kids were actually trying to convince me that I needed to keep it as a keepsake--NOPE! I was smiling like Bree when it came off and into the garbage! So happy for you Breanna! As for Luke--go get'em big guy! Camie, you can come walk the halls with Eli, if it'll make you feel better!

Our Little Family said...

Wow-I had no idea Luke was already ready for Nursery!! He is getting so big but these next couple of years will be so much for you two. I love the toddler years! Glad that Bree got her cast off. WooHoo

nikki said...

Camie - Edgar Sawtelle is amazing!! Very Steinbeckish, great American novelish, very longish but I am enjoying it and will feel very proud of myself when the 500+ pages are done.

Sarah said...

We are so happy the cast is off!! (I'm so sorry - I sill feel bad about that). Luke is so cute - what a happy boy!

Kendra said...

Yeah Luke!!! How fun and exciting and sad all at the same time. And nice that the cast is gone too! Awesome!!!!

Unknown said...

Your comment about Luke going from Baby to toddlerhood brought tears to my eyes. They grow up soo FAST!! :)

buckwheat said...

YAY! Goodbye stinky cast!!!! Breezy's little scrawny arm is finally healed:) And I can't believe Luke is Nursery ready! I need to get out there before he goes off to college!

Zoo Keeper said...

All right! I had to post! You are the smartest mom in the world! I love that you took pictures of the cast coming off...and first day at nursury! I wish I had thought of that! Your kids are getting so big!

Sweet Utah said...

Bree you are such a champ! I am so impressed how well you wore your cute pink cast. I bet it was good to get it off finally too! You are so beautiful. Have fun.