Friday, July 23, 2010

9 Years Ago Today...

I was sitting at Grandma and Grandpa J's house with Jer waiting for the phone to ring. Boy I don't know if time has ever passed so slowly. Lots of family and good friends were there to wait it out with us thankfully. And FINALLY the phone did ring with life changing news. Bree was born! 3 days later (did I mention time passing slow?), she came home and became ours forever! (If my scanner was in working order I'd give you a little peek at what that amazing day was like....maybe next year:) So, today we celebrated! Jake bought her 2 shirts that she's been eyeing for weeks now.

And of course, Grandma and Grandpa came through big time.


And this year's birthday card only skimmed the surface of how we feel about this little chicky.

Then she wanted to go soak up some sun, but the sun wasn't out today (unusual indeed). It was chilly (ok, by my standards) and rainy.

The Woods, Sheppards and Mumfords were all there too, so it was especially sad to get rained out.


Jake took about 50 pics of Carson. Such a cutie pie.


So we grabbed Erika, and Jer took the kids to do a little rock climbing while Luke napped and I cleaned.








Then we came home and the kids played, and we ate pizza and wings Palauan style, and Breezy blew out the candle on her ice cream cone.
Breanna, I can't tell you enough how much happiness you bring to me personally and to our family. You have no idea how many times you have made me stop and just think 'wow' at the way you have handled tough situations with just an easy going, happy go lucky attitude. You are outgoing, helpful, happy, confident, positve, smart, talented in so many ways and determined like no other. I love watching you grow up and I can't even say how much I love being your mom!
We love you Breezy Girl!!!
Happy Birthday!

5 comments:

jewly said...

Happy Birthday!

Family of Disney said...

Happy Birthday Bree.

Cami, do you sleep at all?

Paige said...

Oh Breanna I do have to say you are my favorite and have a special place in my heart...I love your sassy and sweetness Happy Birthday!!

JaMie HeApS said...

brea i think you have been milkin this birthday thing for quite some time, and im likein it. cant waite to see all the fancy gear in action.

happy birthday i hope you keep celebrating for at least 2 more weeks

Robyn said...

Happy Birthday - she is a pretty amazing kid :)