Thursday, August 26, 2010

Delightful Randomness

I went outside tonight to find  the beginnings of a Veteran's Day Parade float.  
(I know, you thought this was a re-enactment of the Emperor's New Clothes. Nope. Just a little toasty out.)
Move over Luke.
Jake the master engineer.

Luke was pulling them so fast I thought he'd dump Bree for sure.  They were all laughing like crazy and they begged to take it out through the neighborhood, but doggonit it was time to go in for bed. 

This was all kind of really nice for me tonight. They were all getting along, having fun (not exactly a first, but close).  And I kind of have been feeling like these silly random episodes just might be numbered, especially for my Jakester.  Middle school, lockers, and always reaching for more independence.
So tonight I'm soaking it in.
(Even if I'm not willing to parade it around the neighborhood).

5 comments:

JaMie HeApS said...

camie come on.. take it through the neigborhood. i think that sturdy engenered wagin would be able to hole you light bones as well.

nothing better when there all getting along and happy.. and im not thinking numbered, it only gets better.

Lynnette said...

Great moments, indeed. I love those times of random fun.

Alayne said...

So cute! What creative little kiddos!!!

Robyn said...

Love this - and i agree with Jamie not numbered just gets better. Heck if Jed was there he would be doing the same thing :)

Mary and Ryan said...

I think you should have been the centerpiece of the float...next time do it with a pointed toe and a wave...golden!