Sunday, September 26, 2010

Darnit

 That's the name of this guy.  Jake said he's thinking that's what the fish thought when it got caught, so that's what he named it.  And last night when I was far far away at the RS Broadcast, they ate Darnit.  I have bones in a ziplock baggie on my counter to prove it.
I think these two had a great trip. Most of it is top secret guy stuff, but I do know they were attacked by javelinas and had to jump up on the table to avoid getting their shins bitten off.  They roasted some delish marshmallows and were one of the few fishers to actually get a bite.  And Jake loved every minute being up there with his Dad.  Breezy and I missed them a bunch, but truth be told, we are really hoping Luke will get the invite next time:)

4 comments:

Kendra said...

Oh man that is soooo cute!!! I love the things kids come up with!

Our Little Family said...

That is great - Jake is definately a smart one!! I love when the boys get to spend one on one time because that means I get the girlies for a night!! Fun stuff!!

JaMie HeApS said...

SO GLAD YOU FINALLY COOKED THE BAD BOY UP.. EXPECIALLY ON A NIGHT YOU GOT TO ENJOY THE OG!
so glad the pigs didnt get them and even more glad to know they had phone reception just incase the need to call 911 or prank someone.

Sarah said...

Fun memories for sure!! A little fear with the javalinas, excitement with the fishing, yummyness with the marshmallows, and I'm sure some great guy talk.