Thursday, May 26, 2011

TWELVE

 Opened presents....


 Then went to Dennys for breakfast with Dad and Bree.
 Hit the pool....



 And figured he was finally old enough to do this...


Jake, I can't believe that TWELVE years ago I was pacing the floor of my first grade classroom IMPATIENTLY waiting for the phone to ring to tell me any news at all about you and your upcoming June arrival.  In fact I got so impatient that at morning recess I could not wait a second longer, so I called Jackie's caseworker who put me on a VERY LONG hold then told me YOU WERE ABOUT TO BE BORN!!!!  And sure enough at 12:47 you were born and our empty world was suddenly filled with more happiness and love than you can even know. I wish you could remember all the love that surrounded you that day and in the days that would follow. You wouldn't even be able to begin to wrap your brain around all that love. It was overwhelming!
And now, 12 years later, you are our lawn mowing, kite flying, fish catching, soccer playing, fun loving, shot braving, piano playing, speed reading, ketchup devouring, peace making, chess playing, smart, funny, creative, super talented kid and we can't wait to see what you do with twelve. I have a feeling it's gonna be AWESOME!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAKESTER!
WE LOVE YOU!!!! 

2 comments:

JaMie HeApS said...

HAPPY BDAY JAKE... so glad we got to party at the pool with frozen ding dongs!

Family of Disney said...

happy birthday Jake