Sunday, October 23, 2011

One True Love

I recently got a job at as a preschool teacher and the owner of the preschool, Rose, has a daughter that used to be in Jake's 2nd grade class.  In fact, they pretty much have been in the same class or school since we moved here.  
So Jake and this girl kind of share the same past.
And yesterday Rose texted me this treasure:
I


 I remember Jake having a crush on Jaid, but I had no idea 2nd grade got this serious.
And my shy little Jake giving a girl his phone number?
SHOCKER!
When he got home from school I showed him these pics and he got this huge smile on his face and said, 
"I have no idea who wrote that.  I've never seen it before in my life!"  
We laughed all afternoon about it. It totally made our day.
He actually thought it was pretty cool that they kept it all these years.  

And he is really relieved that Jaid goes to a different school now.
No need to have these kinds of documents floating around the 7th grade class.
(I did get the author's permission before posting this, I promise:)

Yeah, he was quite the ladies man back then.
I think he is gonna make one romantic hubby one of these days!
Have I mentioned I love him?

1 comment:

JaMie HeApS said...

jake you are such the ladies man!!! i love these notes!! so glad she kept them