Saturday, November 13, 2010

Fabulous Friday

 This was the new hot spot at the zoo. Trouble was they had this 4 year age requirement which wasn't a problem for Grady, but it was a big problem for Luke who spoke right up and said, "I three" (while holding up 3 fingers to prove it). So in the end Jamie Jace and Dallas headed to the top and came down in lightening speed. The rest of us were either too young or too chicken. 

 Like always, we saw lots of animals (or perhaps not) and because we were at the zoo, certain animal experts gave me an education on the anatomy of a certain mammal. We also spent some quality time observing trees. Did you know that when looking for a good palm tree, those tall sleek ones are infinitely better than the unkempt ones with all the dead bushiness hangin around the bottom?
Oh there were good talks. (and Sarah's silence speaks volumes, we like it!)
 Such a fun day!
The lady who took this pic of us asked me to take hers after, so I jumped up to get the perfect shot of them.   Meanwhile, Luke climbed up the fence and swung his leg over the top.  Scared me half to death when I saw him about to go over. But Sarah was already there. Thank you Sarah for seeing it and saving him from going over. (And for saving Jamie from having to jump in and get him like she did at the park the other day except he was in the bathroom with Sarah, not in the lake.)
Did I mention I have some pretty sweet friends?
These jewels might have been a little crazed in the car on the ride home.  Sarah brought out her preschool teaching skills and kept them entertained. She's a keeper.
Finished the day off with a trip to the temple. Oh where do I begin?  From packages to ultimate dutch ovens these guys were on a roll before we even got to dinner.  And don't even challenge Jon on his counting skills cuz he knows "1" like no other.  Then James tooks us for a walk down memory lane which was funnier than I can even begin to say.  The look on his face in this pic was the one his mom gave him when he told her the bad word he called a girl in 2nd grade. Or was that the look of his dad when he got caught "somehow" being pushed against the fogged glass? Or was it the look his teacher gave him when she found you know what you know where? Or was it the look James was giving the waiter when he brought his extra pinch of cinnamon?
Sarah's smiling over the oodles of extra sauce the waiter brought her.

Really, it was so great to go to the temple with these guys. Felt like we were there with family and I loved it!
The perfect night and fabulous day!

4 comments:

Family of Disney said...

they seriously didn't catch that Grady isn't 4? lol

JaMie HeApS said...

i would say fabulous friday, sad to see that our zoo passes are done with but at least we went out with a boom! so glad we all agreed on the trimming of trees and that i am now a certified inturputer for sarah. next time im on top of working luke as a 4 yr old.
impressed of you holly weekend i really do see halos :)

Mary and Ryan said...

I am so glad we got to experience the zoo this one last time before the year separation of us and the animals:) I am really glad that the tree analogy was meaningful to everyone. I think that G-man should have talked to the ladies himself and then they would have believed he was 4, we should have let him say, "your mean" when they shut it down. Next time...in a year or so..we are riding that sucker:)

Elder Tyler Mumford said...

Truly was a fabulous Friday! Just wish I could have went to the zoo. :)