Yes, we had to look closely, but we did find some traces of fall and it was just what I have been craving. A slight chill in the air, leaves dancing in the breeze, and winding canopied roads, boy did it make me miss fall in NY. But I was glad to get a little taste of it today!
Luke could not get enough of the powdery dirt on the trail, and would not let up about going on the 'swimming plane' after our hike. He also started calling Jer Jeromy and me Foxy Mama (Jer's nickname for me for obvious reasons). Jake was pretty sure there were bears lurking around and he nearly jumped out of his skin when way down the trail he saw 2 black figures that he thought for a just a second were black bears. So relieved they were just hikers in black. That got me singing No Bears are Out Tonight. Jake dug. But the best part of the hike might have been the timing. We watched "Watcher in the Woods" last night which is an older psych thriller about what you would think based on the title. So as we were hiking in the woods I kept reminding them that there was probably a watcher in these woods too.
I sure thought that was fun.
I sure thought that was fun.
Next time we go we have to leave earlier because we definitely could have spent all day there.
So grateful for this little fam of mine and for a sweet day together!





8 comments:
love your nickname. Can I use it for you too? ;)
That is what I Love about TN. We have fall and I don't have to go anywhere to see it I just look out the window. I also Love the movie Watcher in the Woods.
Sounds like the perfect day! BTW-When you say chill in the air do you mean the in the 70's? =)
Every year I say I am going to go look for fall and then Oct disappears in Nov and Nov into Dec . Looks like you had a great time. (i love how everyone looks cold but Jeremy is in shorts)
I love Az, when you need a little fall you can drive a few hours and find it:) What a cute little family you have...Did you find out who tp'd you??
It looks like you guys had a fun time! I haven't heard about Watcher in the Woods in forever. That show freaks me out!
I always crave fall too! We have to look, but you can find it here! Glad you found a little piece of it...
foxy mama... looks like you guys found just the right spot. what blast, i love it up there. glad you got the movie theme going the night before. and jer LOVE THAT HAT!
Post a Comment