My good friend from NY recommended I check out her friend's blog and it has become one of my favorites. This idea came from that blog which is full of thoughts and insights that inspire me to try harder to be a better mom. It would be nice if I knew how to do that click here thing but since I don't you can go to my blog list and click on the one that says "life" and it'll take you right there. It's worth peeking at.
So, back our tree....The kids were coming up with some pretty great things and Jer and I loved hearing what they are grateful for (Luke is definitely grateful for Brittany, Bree hospitals and Jake had food & planets covered). I'm thinking this is gonna be a family tradition. The kids were still going strong when we ran out of leaves.
Two of my favorite quotes from the little lesson we did were:
"Gratitude is deeper than thanks. Thankfulness may consist merely of words. Gratitude is shown in acts"
(Pres. McKay)
and
"When we learn to show gratitude we actually become happier and we begin to feel more peace in our lives."
I'm so grateful that today was one of those rare Sundays where we could all be home together! And so thankful we stopped to think about all of our blessings. I love this time of year!
I have so much to be grateful for!





7 comments:
look at that fancy thing...
im not gunna lie my feelings were slightly hurt when not one leaf had the name heaps on it.. but im glad too hear they planets brintey and hostpitals were covered.
Love it! I think I am going to have to copy you and do that for our FHE. Glad to hear that Brittany's name was on it! She will love hearing that!
wow that is really awesome, will ya make me one? ;)
That is fabulous, and I have to say I am thankful for Ferb too:)
What a great idea. I think we will have to do that too.
That is a great idea! Good Work Mamacita!
I love it! I am stealing it:) You are such a great Mom!
Post a Comment