Sunday, March 22, 2009

Spring Break 09

We headed off to Grandma and Grandpa D's to start off Spring Break. The kids love Grandma and Grandpa D's house because there is always something cool to do that they don't get to do anywhere else. This time, Grandpa let them sketch a drawing on canvas and paint it with acrylic paints. They worked all morning as the Rolling Stones played in the background. Grandpa sure knows how to let the creative juices flow.Here's the finished project: Jake painted a Pokemon and Bree painted me in my polka-dot dress in front of a house.

Meanwhile, over at Aunt Nat's Luke and Sawyer spent the day swapping sippy cups. Here's Luke with Sawyer's. Sawyer is just so agreeable about the situation. They are sooo cute!!!
Then it was off to Disneyland and California Adventures with the other side of the family. Here are a few highlights (I apologize, being selective when it comes to posting picture is not my thing).
This is Luke's first ride on Heimlich! I love this one with his little finger pointing to what he sees.Isn't he so cute!!!!Grandma, Tiffany and I had all the little kids with us while the big people went on the water ride, so we went over to bugs life. We wanted to ride some of the little rides, and it started out great, but when Luke and Addie got in line for the lady bug ride, we had no idea what we were getting into. Grandma and I had 3 babies and Addy. As we boarded the ride, we were informed that we couldn't hold anyone on our lap. The ride started and it spun us around out of control! Just like the Tea Cups. Some kiddie ride! The poor babies were pretty much on their own. (Don't tell Alayne or Jaimee.) We were so glad when it stopped. We soon found the others and opted for the more mellow hot air balloon ride. We parked here after Buzz Lightyear and just as we were moving on, someone told us that the people who were sitting here before us had a child who just broke out with chicken pox. I'm sure Luke licked that railing he's leaning up against. Anyone know the incubation period for Chicken Pox?Bree loved hanging out with Addie!And we found our friends from home there, the M's! We got to go on lots of rides with them and it was great to see them. Lisa and I were hoping Bree and Jake would get to dance in the HSM3 show, but it didn't happen. Jake M. and Bree did get to ride a roller coaster together. My Jake had plenty of comments about that! My Jake rode the Tower of Terror with Jake, Tyler, Todd, Trev, Alayne and Mike. Jake was terrorized just waiting in line for the ride. But he braved it and even liked it in the end!Trev, Addie, Alayne, Jake and Troy on the Rocket Ride.



And we got to catch up with Jackie, Mike and the Coffmans at Disneyland. (Thanks Robyn, for the picture!) I think Jake gave her the biggest hug on record to date when he saw her. We love you Jackie!!

Me, Addie, Jake, Bree, Jaimee and Kaylee. Small World was the last ride of the night. Then we went to a late dinner at IHOP where Jer spilled a full glass of ice cold water on Jake, Kaylee screamed and Tyler threw up all over his dinner. IHOP is not the Happiest Place on Earth.




Back at G-ma's house, Luke loved taking care of Megan!

Saturday, we went on a hike. The kids loved it almost as much as Disneyland.
That's Trevor up at the top with Addie.



Nothing like a picnic lunch after a long hike!

7 comments:

Brittany said...

Sounds fun! We are going to Cali for spring break too! Only we dont go 'til april :( oh well luv ya! :]

ps I love the Utah jacket! ;)

Julee said...

What a fun, fun spring break!!! Nothing better then CA and Disneyland!!! And I have to say...what good little artist you have!!

kaleyq said...

Good times! So when are we going to meet up at Disneyland?! You all look so fabulous! Do you have a UT trip planned for summer? Come stay with us! Oh-and happy, happy very belated birthday!

Mindi said...

What? No posts since March? What's happening to you? Now that I have your blog address back in my system, I'll be keeping an eye on you. No more slacking off!!

PS Loved the pics, of course. We miss you guys!

Sarah said...

What an awsome spring break!! I just love Disneyland, and how fun to get to go with cousins.

Our Little Family said...

What a fun spring break!! I love California, I think we are gonna do Disney in September for Tristan's birthday. It was good to see you when we out there visiting. Hope to see you guys this summer if you make it to Utah!!!

Alayne said...

I love the pic of Addie and Bre! They're so cute!!! Thanks for posting all those pictures. We had such a fun time seeing you guys!!!