Friday, July 22, 2011

Bree's Room Make-Over

 Breanna has had this room decor going on since she was about  18 months old (at which time she could easily climb in and out of her crib by herself, hence the big girl bed at such a young age). She has been wanting a change for a while now and seeing how we are on the eve of double digits for her, I finally recognized that yes it was time to say good-bye to this little girl and her little girl room. So we changed up just a few things...
 We enlisted some helpers.  Boy they were coming out of the woodwork for this project!
 Showcasing his 'L'writing abilities...nicely done Luke!
Showcasing his Stick-Man painting expertise.
 A future in hieroglyphics for sure!
 And finally the moment everyone was waiting for... the rolling.  Bree did nearly the whole room by herself. 
(She had a little help from me and her bros too.)
 And three shades of blue later (and yes, a minor breakdown or two from me)...Voila!
The much older, cooler, blue room she's been dreaming of.
Bree I wish I could be a mind-maker-upper like you! You know what you want and you have the best attitude and LOVE everything without even giving it a second thought. 
You are as bright and beautiful as the new blue on your walls and I'm so glad you're mine!!

7 comments:

Deanna said...

Abbe says to let Breanna know that she thinks her room looks awesome and it's Glamorous!

JaMie HeApS said...

breezy i love it!!!it looks so hip and just perfect for you!! that mom of yours must really love you!

Sarah said...

What great taste! My girls and I love it!

Unknown said...

I love it! It turned out awesome!:)

Elder Tyler Mumford said...

You are such a fun mom! I don't think I would have let my kids touch a paint brush. I love how the room turned out! It looks amazing! Why don't you head over to my house and help me paint a few rooms.... lol ;)

Family of Disney said...

that is so cute, Bree you have great taste!

Mindi said...

That is soooooooooooo cute!!!! We love the blue! It looks so cute with the black and white. Pop of color on the pillow is perfect. If Breez doesn't become a chef, how about home decorating. Happy Birthday, Bree!! We love you!!!!