Breanna wanted to do a Mother/Daughter book read this summer so we picked the book, A Wrinkle In Time. I fell in love with this book when my 5th grade teacher read it to our class. And a few years ago, I read it to Jake and Bree and it became one of their faves too. So tonight, we got together with a few friends and Bree came up with a some questions and led a really great discussion on the book. And I have to say those girls had some pretty deep insight on the book. Man those girls are smart! I loved hearing how it made them think about different things. It was such a cool night. Then we had treats and watched the movie (Well, the kids watched the movie. The moms talked and were told we were being too loud...how funny is that?)
Such a fun night, thanks everyone for coming!
And if you missed it...
it looks like we have the next two months lined up:
Rachel picked Mockingbird by Katheryn Erskine for August
and Georgia's got Number the Stars by Lois Lowry for September...
and Georgia's got Number the Stars by Lois Lowry for September...
so if you're up for a good read and a knock-your-socks off discussion, come join us!





3 comments:
that looks like one brillant book club, and i bet breezy lead the discusion with ease seeing how she YOUR daughter and coming up with questions is one of you top talents :)
Thanks for hosting! It was an awesome book club. Breezy was on top of her game with all of her fabulous questions. I look forward to many more book clubs.:)
Looks like so much fun! Britt and I may have to join next month. Can't pass up the opportunity to hang out with the Smith girls!
Post a Comment