Tuesday, July 19, 2011

For Me It's the Sound of Tires on a Gravel Road...

 that opens the flood gates of memories of summer trips to my grandparent's house in Idaho.  Hearing the sound of the tires roll over that gravel always takes me back to those butterflys I would get because I knew we were finally there.  So I started wondering what will trigger those memories for my kids and I think it just might be the smell of fresh squeezed lemons.  Man, they love to pick lemons make homemade lemonade at grandma and grandpa's house.
It's magical!

But the again, it could be the sound of grandpa's motorcycle engine revving...

...or the soft tap of the chess pieces as they battle it out.   
My kids have the best grandparents ever!
And it's only Day 1!

3 comments:

Our Little Family said...

Hey lady, where are you guys at? We are in Del Mar for the next couple of days, we should try to hook up and have lunch or something!!! Funny to see this post, we were in Anthem earlier today and knocked on your door!! Give me a call!!

Sarah said...

Oh I could take a glass of that Lemonade right now! What great memories. It makes me wonder what will spark my kids memories?

JaMie HeApS said...

that is so true, i think where ever you go as a child is always the most magical. and i think its a perk your mom and dad have every toy know to man!