Monday, March 12, 2012

My Scoutin Boys

 So, Jeromy did something pretty studly.  
He earned his Woodbadge.  
I believe these people were all with him when he went away for a solid week to knock out some of the requirements for it.  I'm gonna be honest here, I come from a family of 5 girls.  I know nothing about scouting.  But I know this is a huge deal in the scouting world.  And Jer worked like crazy to earn it, so I was incredibly happy to be there to see him and his friends all celebrate!  And even though he asked if they could forego the ceremony and just send him the beads, I'm so glad they insisted on coming out to honor him.  
Go Jer! You are awesome!!!



 And the Jakester moved up a rank as well.  
And the scout leaders made this new fancy board to show it.  
Jake has the best attitude about scouts.  He loves going on campouts and being outside messing around with bugs, rocks, fire, dirt, etc.  Snipe hunting might have been his favorite this year though.  And he is pretty good about passing off things too.  I always get to go up there and get "pinned" whenever he advances, but if you want to know the truth, Jer helps him 100% of the way. I honestly have not even cracked his book open!  I'm so lucky to have Jer who does all the scouting stuff and helps keep Jake moving in the right direction. And they love doing it together and that makes me so happy!!

1 comment:

JaMie HeApS said...

glad to see ALL THOSE CAMP OUTS ARE PAYING OFF IN SOME WAY.. cause as far as i see it.. the suck on our date night outs!