Saturday, May 17, 2008

Chuck E. Cheese Bash

We celebrated Jake's 9th birthday at Chuck E. Cheese. Jake and his buddies all had a great time tossing those tokens into the games, hoping to earn millions of tickets. The boys seemed to really enjoy it and were even good enough sports to dance around with Chuck and the other party goers. I'm so glad they got to be goofy and have fun.
Love this picture...thanks for the bunny ears, Roy!! I can't believe my baby Jake is turning 9. Sometimes I really wish I could freeze time. Although I occasionally reminisce about my sweet, smiley baby, I am really enjoying the fact that our conversations get richer each year. It is so enjoyable to have him come home from school and tell me things he's learned. And to watch him think through different scenarios and understand new things is just fascinating. I think every age is so wonderful and I can't wait to see what great things are in store for us while you're 9!! You would think that after 9 years, I would be amazing at birthday cakes. I'm not. So, I am grateful to Michelle and Jessica who advised me to go with cupcakes! So easy! Thanks, Michelle, for letting me borrow your cute cupcake thingy! Jake wanted a Pokemon cake....who knew you could have one by just tossing some Pokemon cards on the top! Ta-Da!So, what kind of things does a 9 year old get on his birthday? Jake was spoiled with presents from his awesome friends. He came home from the party and spent the rest of the day organizing his Pokemon cards, playing with his Phlat Ball Tornado, remote control race car, Indian Jones Legos, Rapid Fire Nerf Ball Shooter, and eating his gigantic box of sour skittles (Yum - I had to test some out and I highly recommend them.) And to top it all off, he got a few gift cards that he can't wait to go spend. Thanks everyone, for the great gifts!!
Jake digging into his presents. Tristan kept a close watch, and approved each gift. By the way, thanks Jeanne for all your help today!!

Just a side note, today was Luke's first time at Chuck E Cheese. He was overwhelmed with all the lights and sounds and just the busyness of it all. Here he's with Breanna on that one ride that you pedal and it goes up and around in circles. From the look on his face, I'd say he's really enjoying himself! Are we having fun yet???? Jer took him on all the kiddie rides and despite the 'deer in the headlights' look here, he had a great time!

2 comments:

nikki said...

It definitely was a great birthday day. Thanks for inviting us and tolerating a little bit of me, Dylan and Carter.

Your Jake is a sweet boy! I find a wholeheartedly agree with you - watching your children grow older is tough but fun. You miss the baby that they were but get excited about the person they're becoming.

jewly said...

What a fun birthday party!