First let me just start off by confessing that I have been extremely weepy these past few days. I well up with tears over the slightest thing....I think it started when my mom sent me a Mother's Day gift, the book, "Just Who Will You Be" by Maria Shriver. It just confirmed what I already knew, I do indeed have the most thoughtful, kind, amazing mom in the world. Hence, the weeping.
So I'm starting to realize that all this blubbering just may be about Mother's Day in general. I can hardly look at my kids without getting choked up these past few days. I love them so much and am so grateful that I get to be their mom. They literally teach me so much everyday. They help me recognize my many weaknesses and make me try to be so much better. I love the ways that they are different than me and how that makes me see life in a way I would never otherwise imagined. I love the many ways we are alike as it reminds me how we are truly connected and without a doubt meant to be together.
Then I think about how they came into my life and about Jackie and Rachel, and the flood gates completely open. I love these 2 women more than I could ever hope to express. I am able to be a mother because of them. I am forever grateful to them for making the impossible possible for me. Few people can even begin understand what this feels like, but it is a feeling of overwhelming love and awe.
Then I think about how they came into my life and about Jackie and Rachel, and the flood gates completely open. I love these 2 women more than I could ever hope to express. I am able to be a mother because of them. I am forever grateful to them for making the impossible possible for me. Few people can even begin understand what this feels like, but it is a feeling of overwhelming love and awe.
I am so blessed to be a mom!





2 comments:
We can't think of a more amazing person who deserves to be a mom than you. Happy Mother's Day!
You truly are an amazing mom and are a great example to me. I'm so glad you have all these wonderful women in your life and you're wonderful woman in mine!
I loved your post - thanks for reminding me of all the reasons I love to be a mom!
Post a Comment