Tuesday, May 13, 2008

The Diaper Fairy






Last night, I was really busy with the usual stuff, dinner dishes, homework, and getting the kids ready for bed. Breanna was playing with Luke and informed me that he had a poopy diaper. I said, "OK", and made a mental note to get right to that. Then the phone rang, or something else interrupted my train of thought and I forgot about Luke. A few minutes later, I walked by our guest room, and I smelled Luke. I thought, whew, I still need to change him.... so I followed my nose and got a big surprise. Breanna had Luke up on the bed and had just finished putting a clean diaper on him! She has, in the past, asked me to let her change him, but I never have(mainly because I envision Breanna up to her elbows in poop). So, when I went over to check out the scene, I fully expected to find traces of her good deed everywhere, but to my delight, the only evidence I could find was in his dirty diaper. She did a perfect job! I even checked his bum to see if she got him all clean, and there wasn't a bit of poop anywhere on his sweet little cheeks. Bree, you completely amaze me!!! I think I just may have a permanent position for you!

6 comments:

kaleyq said...

Can she come to our house? We have plenty of practice opportunities! However, we'd like to train the 3 year old to deposit her "goodies" in the potty--she's not a bit interested! Way to go, Bree!!

nikki said...

I had the exact same thought - can she come over here too? Such a sweetheart that Breanna is.

Had so much fun tonight. Can't it be Lisa's birthday every day?

Family of Disney said...

Now Tyler has NO excuses!

Mindi said...

Poor Bree has no idea what she has just done to herself. After a few days of being the "official poopy diaper changer," she'll rue the day she let her talent be known!

Maren said...

Bree,

You are so grown up! Changing diapers already! You are awesome! Way to go! I can't wait to visit you guys! Do you think you would like to play with me?
I'm sure my brother would love you to change his diapers! WOW! I am so proud of you!

Maren

jewly said...

That is so great. Way to go Bree.